Beth’s Observatory

September 4th, 2007 by admin

Over on the right, you can see a newly added page that details the building of an observation deck for Beth’s Night Sky Design Reflector scope.

PST Problems

September 2nd, 2007 by jwatzke

For those of you that are not aware, there have been problems with the PST scopes. This affects the older models only. It has been determined that this is a manufacturing process problem. Meade has been very good at correcting this problem and doing a fantastic job of satisfying their customers. This was a problem that occurred before Meade took over Coronado. It seems that the filter had been attached to the front objective lens and the glue that was used causes the objective to get a moldy or rusty look to it. This is not dangerous to your eye, but can degrade the view. If you look at the front of your scope and you can see inside the tube you have the newer model and this problem will not occur. If you have a gold looking objective, this is the older model. This doesn’t mean you will have a problem. Only if you see a power or dusty look or mold look will it be a problem. Meade won’t fix it till this happens if it ever happens. This may never happen and only happens to a few scopes. My scope was one it affected. I called Meade and they gave me a return authorization. I sent in my scope and within a few weeks it was back home and works great. I really have to say Meade shines on their customer concerns.

If you have any questions please post a message to this blog and lets discuss.

Watzkeonline Redesign

May 20th, 2007 by admin

As you can see, the site is currently in the middle of a redesign. The core part of the site will be a blog where updates to the Watzke Family’s astronomy adventures will be posted. The old site is no longer accessible from the main URL but below you can find links to the old astro site, bee keeping site and farm site. In the title bar above you can find the newest watzkeonline.com feature, a site gallery where new astronomy photos will be uploaded.

I’ve also added a Google Custom Search for the site to make it easier to help find things. Unfortunately, for the moment, Google has the old site cached. After some time, it should clear up and start caching this site. Tomorrow, I hope to have time to add a Google Sitemap Generator that will help Google cache this new site faster.